There is a long list of Israeli-born actors that have made a name in Hollywood and the latest addition to this list is Fast & Furious star, Gal Gadot. However before we present to you some interesting details about her, we will turn your attention on some of the most notable Israeli-born actors in Hollywood and believe us when we tell you that you will be surprised by some of the names as you wouldn’t have suspected that they are from Israel.
- Chaim Topol- Chaim Topol is born in Tel Aviv on September the 9th, 1935. He got his first role in Hollywood in the 1966 big-budget action movie “Cast a Giant Shadow” where he played alongside Kirk Douglas, Senta Berger and Angie Dickinson. His most memorable work is in the 1971 American musical comedy-drama “Fiddler on the Roof” where he played the lead role and received international praise for his performance. Chaim Topol is also known as the voice of Bagheera from the 1967 animated Disney production of “The Jungle Book”. In 2003 the actor once again voiced Bagheera in the sequel of the animated production “The Jungle Book 2”
- Brian George- Most people believe Brian George to be an Indian actor due to the fact that he often plays roles for characters of South Asian origin. He does so because he can easily voice several types of genuine Indian accents. Brian George was born in Jerusalem, Israel in 1952 and is known for his roles in “Seinfield” where he plays a Pakistani restaurateur and “The Big Bang Theory” where he plays the role of Rajesh Koothrappali’s father.
- Oded Fehr- Oded Fehr just like Chaim Topol is born in Tel Aviv. He is most known for his roles in “The Mummy” and “Resident Evil” franchises where he star alongside A-list actors such as Brendan Fraser, Rachel Weisz, John Hannah, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez and Milla Jovovich. He has also played in numerous television shows such as “NCIS”, “Burn Notice”, “Sleeper Cell” and “Eleventh Hour”
- Natalie Portman- She is beyond any doubt the most notable Israeli-born actress in Hollywood. Portman born Natalie Hershlag on June 9, 1981 is native from Jerusalem. She made her acting debut as a child in the 1994 French movie “Leon: The Professional”. Her first Hollywood movie was “Heat” where she played alongside top actors such as Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, Val Kimler, Jon Voight, and Tom Sizemore. Her first major Hollywood role was the role of Queen Padme Amidala in the three Star Wars prequels. Her next major role was the role of Evey Hammond in “V for Vendetta”. Since then she was appearance in several Hollywood blockbusters such as “Black Swan”, “Thor”, “Thor: The Dark World” and “No Strings Attached”.
- Odeya Rush- Odeya Rush is the youngest actress in our list. She is born in Haifa on the 12th of May 1997. To date Odeya’s most memorable role is the role of Joni Jerome in “The Odd Life of Timothy Green”. Since then she has been casted to play in numerous Hollywood movies that will be released in the upcoming years.
- Gal Gadot- At last the time of the main topic of this article has come. Gadot is born in Rosh HaAyin in 1985. Gadot is both a model and actress but currently is more engaged with her acting career than her modeling career. She made her breakthrough in 2009 when she played the role of former Mossad agent Gisele Harabo in the fourth movie of the Fast and Furious franchise. Her character was so well received by the public that the Fast and Furious producers signed her for the fifth and sixth installments of the franchise. Even more despite the fact that her character died in the last movie from the Fast and Furious series, she will still make an appearance in the upcoming seventh movie. Between the Fast and Furious movies, Gadot played minor roles in the Hollywood movies “Date Night” and “Knight and Day”. In the summer of 2013 Gal Gadot was casted to play Wonder Woman in the upcoming Warner Bros. movie. To date this is the highest achievement in Gadot’s career but many movie critics believe that it won’t be her last. Gadot will play the role of the comic book heroine in a total of three movies one of which will be a solo movie in which she will be the leading character.
As you see Gadot fully deserves to be listed amongst the most successful Israeli-born Hollywood actors. Even more certain movie aficionados believe the actress has the potential, talent and charisma to even surpass Natalie Portman in terms of successes and fame. Whether this will happen only time will tell but one thing is certain and that is that Gadot has a bright future in acting.